Monday, February 2, 2009

Out & About During NY Fashion Week

Hey ya'll! New York Fashion Week begins next Friday, February 13th (ooooo!) and while I wish upon a star that I'm invited to a show, I will be attending another event of great efforts.

Remember when I brought you news of SK Wilbur participating in the Supima Cotton runway competition? Well, the evening gown that was designed for that contest will be auctioned off at a charity event for the MacDella Cooper Foundation. I am very excited because I will be wearing an original SK Wilbur designed gown which makes me the "living model" for the auctioned piece!

The MacDella Cooper Foundation is trying to raise $500,000.00 to build a school for or
phaned and abandoned children in Liberia. Here at SK Wilbur, we support worthwhile causes and believe in positivity and being fabulicious and spreading that love. So while we are spreading the love and raising money for this wonderful event, please pray for my feet. That's right, my feet! This past Saturday I had a fitting which included me wearing the potential shoes so we could make a decision about dress length. And my feet were KILLING me. So you know what's happening to them - they are going right back to Macy's where they came from. I've heard that sometimes we ladies have to suffer for pain, but that kind of pain seems unnecessary. And if worse comes to worse and I cannot find the perfect shoes, I will be wearing my house slippers. Can you imagine - the Diva-At-Large in perfect MAC make-up, luxurious denim gown and house slippers? SK Wilbur would not be happy, but I will still be a diva - always and forever! I am sure we will work this out and the evening will be a huge success, but I will have some kind of backup in my purse. And in the meantime, I will keep you posted. Stay tuned.


Love Life, Love Fashion!

1 comment:

Josey R. said...

Um, it's painful to be beautiful! A Diva does not "do" house shoes ;)